Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mischief and Misbehavior

Well…we are entering a new phase in the life of Little Buddy. He is getting into trouble! This is a new behavior. In his first year of life, I could count on one hand the times I had to discipline him for getting out of line. This morning, already, three times I have had to speak to him sternly. I try to keep a straight face as truly I am delighted that he is showing independence and initiative. Nothing too damaging, just a little destruction in the house and harassing the cat.

Due to the restrictions imposed on him by the pain he was feeling, he really stayed pretty calm and quiet as a puppy. Now…free of that restraint…he is living his childhood. Wheeeeee. It is a surprise to Princess as well as she was used to a more compliant companion. She has had to shake him off a few times and she is much rougher in the discipline arena than I am. That paw over the neck that brings him to his knees is very effective. Neck nips work also.

If this continues, we may have to institute a leash in the house with some corrections when they are needed. But like a little kid (I’m sorry I broke the lamp!) he can assume a look of contrition and those eyes beg forgiveness. He continues to be a lovable little guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home