Monday, May 01, 2006

Week Eight Post Op

May 4, 2006

After all the effort I put in to get my big Black Lab to NOT jump up, with OFF becoming the mantra of the house, I am now encouraging Little Buddy to jump. I hold a treat just a bit above his head and he has to lift his front legs off the floor to reach it. He is giving it his best shot and each day he goes a little higher. I will know rehab is complete when I have to start using the OFF command for him as well.

It is only Thursday and we don’t see the vet until next Monday. He is out of his meds, the Metacam liquid that I squirt on his food each morning. The 100 ml lasted this long. Not sure what we will do henceforth.

Last night the cat was in his chair and he stood there and gave him the evil eye and tried a stare-down technique to displace the intruder. Then he sat as close to the chair as possible with his chin on the hassock and moaned pitifully. To no avail. Lenny held his ground.

We are getting ready for the Humane Society Run/Walk on May 13th. My daughter will run with Princess, and Buddy and I will walk. I will wear my pedometer and not push him beyond his 1½ mile limit. When we attended one of these events with Princess two years ago, she won the Best Kisser Contest which included a $50 gift card from PetCo for her and a $75 gift certificate at a spa for me. This year we will enter her in Kissing again, and Buddy in Singing. He has quite a voice. It will be especially helpful if an emergency vehicle goes by sounding a siren to accompany him!

May 1, 2006


This weekend, Buddy went on an outing with my daughter and her boyfriend to a waterfall park and hiking trail nearby. Two firsts for the little guy; 1) going into the water on his own and 2) climbing over river rocks. He had a great time, but came home ready for a nap. This is his first venture into the more rugged outdoors. He travelled about one mile altogether with stops for fun along the way.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home